National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
Tomsk Polytechnic University was founded in 1896 as Tomsk Technological Institute of Emperor Nicholas II. The first technical higher educational institution in the Asian part of Russia was led by Professor Efim Zubashev who laid the foundation for the development of the best traditions of TPU as a large Siberian center for education and research. Tomsk Technological Institute (TTI) ensured education and training of highly qualified engineers, which strengthened the industry and economy in Siberia, the Far East and the CIS countries (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kirghizia, and etc.). TTI established remarkable schools in the field of chemistry, mechanical engineering and materials science, physics and mathematics, electrical and power engineering, mining and geology, and building and architecture.